GRAPHIC DESIGNER / DEVELOPER / BRANDING PROFESSIONAL
An experienced and versatile graphic designer, web developer, and branding professional with more than 20 years of experience creating powerful customer experiences for both digital and print. Personable and good-natured with experience working in collaborative environments; regarded for an ability to bridge communication between creative, technical and account staff.
January 2021 – July 2021
Inte Q – Oakbrook Terrace, IL
- Led the creative process from concept to completion of design initiatives for both B2B and B2C projects.
- Worked with account teams to design creative elements for client presentations and prospect proposals.
- Developed the corporate brand standards guide and ensured adherence by teams developing collateral materials.
- Managed freelance developers engaged via Upwork, as well as interfaced with other in-house design teams.
- Designed and maintained the corporate website in WordPress.
- Played a key role in implementing Hubspot CRM for the agency’s marketing efforts.
August 2004 – January 2021
Pixelated Space, Inc. – Plainfield, IL
- Consulted on client re-branding projects, including a nationally recognized healthcare provider who experienced a $34M increase in growth over a 6-year period.
- Designed cross-platform email campaigns for clients, including one campaign that saw a 24% year-over-year growth with an average open rate of 33%.
- Developed responsive websites for clients using CMS platforms such as WordPress, Joomla, and Wix, as well as traditional HTML/CSS coding methodologies.
- Programmed dynamic database-driven applications using MSSQL, MySQL, and ColdFusion, including custom-programmed CMS tools for client use.
- Designed print collateral such as flyers, bi-folds, and tri-folds as well as print advertisements, traditional billboards, trade show displays, infographics, and annual reports.
- Managed all aspects of day-to-day business operations including sales, client interaction, creative direction, project scheduling, bookkeeping, and vendor management.
December 1999 – August 2004
Web Designer & Developer, Coldfusion Application Programmer
ImagineThat – Warrenville, IL
- Designed interactive web sites, banner advertisements, Adobe Flash applications, and distributed media for clients including Coca-Cola, Toyota, McDonald’s, Verizon, and GMC.
- Responsible for the design and execution of email marketing campaigns.
- Programmed custom database queries to extract recipient lists and report metric performance of client email campaigns.
- Developed database applications and dynamic-driven websites using ColdFusion, MS SQL Server, and MySQL.
June 1996 – December 1999
Director of Development
UNETY Systems, Inc. – Naperville, IL
- Managed a staff of two full-time and three part-time web developers.
- Interfaced regularly with clients to develop strategic project plans and ensure deliverables were on-time and within budget.
- Oversaw all aspects of in-house project management, including managing deadlines, assigning tasks, reviewing work, and providing team direction.
- Established the creative direction of all client projects as well as keeping the agency on top of current design trends.
Bachelor of Science, Communications
Northern Illinois University
Associate of Arts
College of DuPage
Responsive Web Development
Relational Database Design
Strategic Project Planning
Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe XD), Canva
Adobe Dreamweaver, Chrome Developer Tools, ATOM, Coldfusion Studio
WordPress, Joomla, Wix, GoDaddy SiteBuilder
Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Power Director
Hubspot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, MailChimp, Constant Contact
Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Access
Teamwork, Basecamp, Asana
Internal Communications Practice Leader / Gateway Foundation
I met Jed through a colleague and we began working together on a several graphic projects including branding, an intranet, and a quarterly internal newsletter over several years. Jed’s approach to each assignment was thorough, asking probing questions to help us best articulate the end design goal. Jed’s knowledge of graphic design was always evident, and his creativity in branding and offering up alternative visual designs often provided choices we had not considered. Jed’s creative ideas were especially welcome in developing interesting titles for the newsletter articles, and keeping the content appearance fresh, but still a recognizable familiar constant to the reader. Jed and I worked together on numerous projects, and I appreciated his professionalism, his design knowledge, his sense of humor to carry through the inevitable changes or delays, and his dedication to always delivering a successful outcome to satisfy his clients.
Graphic Designer / Your Design Source
Jed is a dynamic businessman who has the creative vision and talent to bring together a team of web & graphic designers for specific client projects. He is very professional and leads through creative example. His charisma energizes and encourages his team to create their very best. His feedback and suggestions give the direction and leadership that ensures great results. I look forward to working on his team again.
Director Global Marketing Communications, Computed Tomography / GE Healthcare
Jed did an outstanding job on our website for LACDMH and Laker star, Ron Artest. He managed the project fully, delivered within an incredibly tight time frame and never waivered through multiple updates. Incredibly professional, he keeps the big picture in mind, while being highly detailed. We’d love to work with him again and highly recommend Jed and Pixelated Space.