An accomplished and motivated Art Director with a proven track record of creating impactful brand experiences in digital and print mediums. Proficient in creative thinking and problem-solving, marketing strategy, and providing design direction for teams in collaborative, fast-paced environments. A self-motivated leader known for problem solving skills, the ability to translate technical documents into visual works, and work independently on multiple projects. Considered by colleagues as an adaptable collaborator with a high degree of professionalism, leadership skills, and a positive attitude. Known for creative design knowledge, attention to detail, and the ability to solve problems with strong interpersonal skills.
January 2021 – July 2021
Inte Q – Oakbrook Terrace, IL
- Led the creative process from ideation to execution of multi-channel projects including website UX/UI layout, A/B testing of landing pages, social media channels, blog posts, banner advertising, print, and email marketing campaigns.
- Designed visually engaging interfaces, reports, and charts for a proprietary SaaS data visualization reporting platform.
- Collaborated with account teams to develop creative briefs and marketing plans.
- Designed presentations for clients and in-house initiatives.
- Developed creative assets for account-based and intent-based marketing initiatives, increasing Marketing Qualified Leads by 150%.
- Authored the corporate brand guidelines to ensure consistent presentation throughout all marketing materials.
- Redesigned the look-and-feel of several proprietary consumer subscription products to increase customer conversion.
- Worked with creative staff and freelance contract developers to ensure quality control and adherence to brand standards.
August 2004 – January 2021
Pixelated Space, Inc. – Plainfield, IL
- Designed impactful websites, landing pages, emails, logos, print campaigns, videos, and digital experiences for a wide variety of clients.
- Rebranded a nationally recognized healthcare provider who experienced a $34M increase in growth over a 6-year period.
- Developed client email campaigns including one that achieved 24% year-over-year growth with an average open rate of 33%.
- Oversaw all aspects of day-to-day business operations including sales, training, client interaction, project scheduling, bookkeeping, and interacting with vendors.
December 1999 – August 2004
Web Designer & Developer, Coldfusion Application Programmer
ImagineThat – Warrenville, IL
- Designed interactive web sites, banner advertising campaigns, Adobe Flash applications, and distributed media for clients including Coca-Cola, Toyota, McDonald’s, Verizon, and GMC.
- Managed the design and deployment of all agency email marketing campaigns.
- Collaborated in brainstorming sessions to develop innovative creative ideas and participated in client presentations.
- Worked with project managers to lead design and development teams through client feedback.
- Programmed data-driven applications using ColdFusion, MS SQL Server, and MySQL.
Bachelor of Science, Communications
Northern Illinois University
Associate of Arts
College of DuPage
Responsive Web Development
Strategic Project Planning
Creative Team Management
Creative Problem Solving
Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe XD), Canva
Adobe Dreamweaver, Chrome Developer Tools, ATOM, Coldfusion Studio
WordPress, Joomla, Wix
Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Power Director
Hubspot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, MailChimp, Constant Contact
Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Access
Teamwork, Basecamp, Asana
B2B & B2C Integrated Marketing Leader
Jed is a collaborative Creative Director with a deep understanding of the intersection between achieving business objectives and creating beautifully designed brand/marketing assets. He has a very approachable style with internal teams, as well as clients, which makes him an asset to any organization. He values varying perspectives to drive the optimal design and best outcome for a particular strategy or campaign. Jed is a dependable team leader that realizes deadlines can shift, but can prioritize and deliver what you need, when you need it. I highly recommend Jed and would work with him again anytime!
Internal Communications Practice Leader / Gateway Foundation
I met Jed through a colleague and we began working together on a several graphic projects including branding, an intranet, and a quarterly internal newsletter over several years. Jed’s approach to each assignment was thorough, asking probing questions to help us best articulate the end design goal. Jed’s knowledge of graphic design was always evident, and his creativity in branding and offering up alternative visual designs often provided choices we had not considered. Jed’s creative ideas were especially welcome in developing interesting titles for the newsletter articles, and keeping the content appearance fresh, but still a recognizable familiar constant to the reader. Jed and I worked together on numerous projects, and I appreciated his professionalism, his design knowledge, his sense of humor to carry through the inevitable changes or delays, and his dedication to always delivering a successful outcome to satisfy his clients.
Graphic Designer / Your Design Source
Jed is a dynamic businessman who has the creative vision and talent to bring together a team of web & graphic designers for specific client projects. He is very professional and leads through creative example. His charisma energizes and encourages his team to create their very best. His feedback and suggestions give the direction and leadership that ensures great results. I look forward to working on his team again.
Director Global Marketing Communications, Computed Tomography / GE Healthcare
Jed did an outstanding job on our website for LACDMH and Laker star, Ron Artest. He managed the project fully, delivered within an incredibly tight time frame and never waivered through multiple updates. Incredibly professional, he keeps the big picture in mind, while being highly detailed. We’d love to work with him again and highly recommend Jed and Pixelated Space.